Fuck him. Fuck him and his stupid smirk.
I close my eyes to calm my racing heart. Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out. His confident smile fixates itself behind my eyelids. I open my eyes. It’s all so pointless. I sigh knowing there’s nothing to stop my brain from sending such torturous images every time I think I’m safe from these emotions.
Goddamn it. He’s not even that beautiful. He isn’t even that sweet. But somehow, somehow he snuck inside my head. He snuck inside my heart. This was another one of those idiotic half-loves that we both knew wouldn’t last, but we played with the idea anyway. My head knows this whilst my heart fights every reason, every reason why it would never work. I take another deep breath hoping to exhale each hollow memory, fully knowing that won’t happen anytime soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment